Benefits of being an Uber Eats driver
The food delivery industry has become extremely competitive with many companies vying to be number one, but only one company can dominate the market – Uber.
Uber is a ride-sharing app that also provides food delivery services in over 300 cities around the world, including London, San Francisco, New York, Paris, Boston, Los Angeles, Toronto, Berlin, Seoul, Amsterdam, Mumbai, Tokyo, Singapore, Mexico City, Sydney, and Melbourne. And now they’re launching Uber Eats in more countries than ever before.
So, if you want a job in the food industry, this may be the perfect chance for you. The following article will help you understand why people love working for Uber and offer you some useful tips so that you can make the most out of your career.
What is Uber?
Uber is a ridesharing service provider. It connects passengers with drivers, offering them safe, reliable transportation at a low cost. To use the service, riders enter their destination into the app, select a car, set a pick up time, and pay using a credit card or bank transfer. Once the trip ends, users receive a receipt showing how much money they have made.
In addition to providing ridesharing services, Uber has expanded into other industries. For example, it offers bike sharing services, scooter rentals, and even drone deliveries.
What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is a food delivery platform developed by Uber Technologies. Its primary focus is on catering to the needs of local customers, especially those living in dense urban areas like San Francisco, New York, and London.
It was launched in San Francisco in 2013 and has spread to over 400 cities across the globe ever since. Today, Uber Eats operates in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, and US.
In fact, Uber announced plans to enter the European restaurant market. They plan to roll out the Uber Eats service in 20 new cities across Europe. In the US, Uber Eats is currently available in 20 states, so you can find a list of all markets where this company is available.
Why did Uber launch Uber Eats?
Uber has been developing the Uber Eats service since 2011. In 2015, Uber acquired Caviar, a food delivery startup which had previously worked with Google‘s food delivery service, Google Express.
Caviar’s experience with delivering food from high-end restaurants helped Uber develop its own delivery system. Now, Uber Eats works directly with chefs and restaurants to ensure quality products and fresh ingredients. At the same time, Uber has been expanding its ride-share service. As mentioned earlier, it has branched out into other industries, such as the food industry.
When it comes to food, consumers are increasingly demanding convenience, speed, and affordability. With Uber’s reputation for reliability, Uber Eats is able to deliver affordable meals quickly and efficiently. As a result, in 2016 alone, the company delivered more than 2 million orders, and in 2018, it processed over $1 billion worth of transactions.
Why should you order food through Uber Eats?
If you live in one of the places where Uber Eats is available, you might wonder why you would ever want to download the app and place an order. After all, there are plenty of other food delivery apps out there, including DoorDash and Grubhub. But there are several reasons why you should consider ordering food through Uber Eats:
- It’s convenient and fast – instead of asking someone to come to your home or office, you can request a specific delivery item and get it within 15 minutes. That includes items such as sandwiches, pizza, burgers, salads, tacos, sushi, and more.
- Uber Eats uses a wide variety of cuisines – so whether you prefer Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, or Thai cuisine, you can rest assured that Uber Eats has got something for you.
- With Uber Eats, you don’t need to worry about tipping – if you’d rather not tip, you don’t have to. But if you do, you can add a gratuity to your payment.
- You can track your order’s progress – when you open the app, you’ll see a map showing exactly where your food is on its way. You can check the estimated arrival time and keep tabs on how long it takes your food to arrive.
- You can save both your phone and wallet – by using the Uber Eats app, you won’t have to deal with paper receipts, delivery charges, or tip fees.
Pros and cons of working as an Uber delivery driver
Let’s check some of the pros and cons of becoming a delivery driver for Uber Eats, and explore the benefits and drawbacks involved:
- Easy to get hired – you don’t need to go through any formalities or paperwork. All you need is an active account on the Uber App and a valid license to drive.
- Earn extra cash – by driving for Uber, you can earn additional income. Depending on your location, you might earn either a fixed daily rate or per hour.
- You’re always needed – unlike traditional work environments, when you work for Uber you may always be needed, so there could not be any days off or vacations.
- Unstable schedule – driving for Uber means having a flexible lifestyle. You are never guaranteed to have a steady schedule. Sometimes, you might take a few hours off, while other times you might work 12-hour shifts.
- No control over your earnings – like many other gig jobs, the amount of money you earn depends entirely on demand. You can’t predict when you’ll be busy and when you won’t.
- You’ll need to invest in your personal appearance – while you can wear whatever you want when you’re sitting behind the wheel of your car, you’ll need to dress well to impress customers while delivering food. This means wearing good clothes, carrying a clean uniform, and keeping your hair neat and tidy.
If you want to start a new job as an Uber delivery driver, you first need to create and verify an account on the Uber app. Once it is verified, you can then choose to start ordering or delivering food – it is all up to you!
The best and most secure way to do this is by using a virtual (or Non VoIP) number. These are not attached to a physical address and, therefore, to a specific telephone carrier. They can be used to verify your account correctly through an SMS verification code.
With us, , you can get a US Non VoIP number to bypass Uber Eats SMS verification at a very affordable price, so don’t worry about making your real telephone number public, protect your privacy with us.
Becoming a driver for Uber Eats is a great job choice. But if you still aren’t convinced of what you’ve read, go ahead and see it for yourself. Sign up now!